Want to contact elected officials but don't know how? Here's how to reach them in Fargo, West Fargo and Moorhead

Everyone may need to contact their local government representatives at some point to share an idea, express an opinion or get a question answered.

This information originally appeared on inforum.com

Contacting local elected officials is something any resident may need to do on occasion.

The Forum gathered together a comprehensive list of all the ways that residents in Fargo, West Fargo and Moorhead can reach out to their city and county officials.

Fargo City Commission

The Fargo City Commission meet every two weeks at 5 p.m. on Mondays in City Hall, 225 Fourth St N.

During each meeting, residents have the opportunity to address the commission virtually or in-person during a 30-minute resident comment period. Each speaker is allotted 2.5 minutes.

Those who wish to speak must sign up before noon the day of the meeting by calling 701-241-1310 or visiting the city's website.

No late or in-person sign-ups are accepted, according to the city's website.

The city’s mayor and four commissioners can be reached in the following ways:

Fargo Park Board

Fargo Park Board meetings are typically held on the second Tuesday of each month. In August and September, these meetings are held on the first Tuesday.

Board members meet at 5:30 p.m. in the Depot Board Room, 701 Main Ave. in Fargo.

The Park Board listens to the public during the Recognition of Audience portion at each meeting. Those wishing to speak must add their name to the sign-up sheet in person before the meeting starts, according to the Park District’s website, and keep their comments to three minutes or less.

To address a specific agenda topic, residents need to contact Park District staff before noon the Monday prior to the meeting.

Those wishing to contact board members outside of a meeting can reach board members at the following emails:

Fargo Public Schools

Fargo’s school board meets the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month beginning at 5:30 p.m. in the district office at 700 Seventh St. S. in Fargo.

At Fargo school board meetings, only those whose names appear on the sign-up sheet when the meeting is called to order are allowed to address the board. Speakers are limited to three minutes.

Board members are also reachable in the following ways:

On the school board's website, members of the public can fill out a form that will email all Board members in one action.

Superintendent Rupak Gandhi can be contacted by phone at 701-446-1005 or through the staff directory and is always open to speaking with parents and community members, Communications Officer AnnMarie Campbell told The Forum.

West Fargo City Commission

The West Fargo City Commission meets the first and third Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in City Hall, 800 Fourth Ave. E.

Residents who wish to speak must fill out a sign-up before 12 p.m. on the day of the meeting, available online. Public comments are limited to 2.5 minutes each.

In addition, residents have the option to request the commission add specific topics to their agenda by filling out the Agenda Item Request form. These requests must be submitted well in advance of the meeting.

Those who wish to contact members of the commission can reach them as follows:

West Fargo Public Schools

West Fargo School Board members meet at 6 p.m. on the second and fourth month of each month at Leidal Education Center, 207 Main Ave. W.

Residents who live in the school district as well as current district employees can speak at the meeting but must sign up in advance. Comments are limited to three minutes. 

To address school board members outside of these meetings, residents can contact them as follows:

Those with questions can contact the West Fargo Public Schools district office at 701-356-2000.

Cass County Commission

The Cass County Commission is headquartered in Fargo and meets on the first and third Mondays of each month at 3:30 p.m. These public meetings are held in the County Courthouse, 211 Ninth St. S.

Those looking to address the commission need only stand and speak at the podium when the chairperson opens the public comment period.

The county also offers residents the opportunity to provide comments remotely. Those who wish to do this must email pio@casscountynd.gov in advance of the meeting to get a Teams meeting link sent to them. Once in the Teams meeting, residents follow the same guidelines as in person for speaking.

Alternatively, residents can reach commissioners directly by calling 701-241-5609 or by emailing:

Members of the public can email the entire commission by filling out the form.

Moorhead City Council

The Moorhead City Council meets the second and fourth Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. These meetings are held in the Auditorium of the Hjemkomst Center, 202 First Ave. N.

Residents who wish to speak can either speak during the Citizens Addressing the Council portion of the meeting or address a specific topic when the agenda item comes up, according to the city’s website.

Speakers are asked to keep their comments to under three minutes. To speak during the meeting, residents must fill out a “Request to Speak” form prior to the meeting, available online. Additionally, comments may be submitted virtually to the city clerk prior to the meeting. These comments will be given to the council and entered into public record. The city clerk can be contacted by phone at 218-299-5304 or online.

Individual members of the council can be reached as follows:

  • Mayor Shelly Carlson: 218-299-5307.
  • Council member Ryan Nelson: 218-299-5549.
  • Council member Matthew Gilbertson: 218-299-5541.
  • Council member Laura Caroon: 218-299-5543.
  • Council member Heather Nesemeier: 218-299-5547.
  • Council member Deb White: 218-299-5548.
  • Council member Larry Seljevold: 218-299-5544.
  • Council member Chuck Hendrickson: 218-299-5545.
  • Council member Sebastian McDougall: 218-299-5542.

Moorhead Area Public Schools

Moorhead’s school board meets the second and fourth Mondays of the month starting at 6 p.m. in the MAPS operations boardroom, 1313 30th Ave. S.

At Moorhead Area Public Schools, spokesperson Brenda Richman said, the district tries to provide multiple avenues for the public to contact their elected school board members.

Residents may fill out an informal community input form, send an email or attend a public meeting in person.

The public forum period of the meeting is only for items that are on the agenda.

Anyone who wishes to take part must submit an online request form provided on the district’s website or a written request before 1 p.m. on the day of the school board meeting. Each speaker receives a maximum of three minutes to speak.

The school board members can be contacted as follows:

Clay County Commission

Clay County Commissioners meet at 8:30 a.m. on the first four Tuesdays of each month in the A & B meeting rooms on the third floor at the Clay County Courthouse, 807 11th St. N.

Those who wish to speak to the commission can attend meetings in person and should fill out an online form.

Individual commissioners can be reached as follows:

This information originally appeared on inforum.com