North Dakota’s Emergency Rent Bridge can provide temporary rental assistance to qualifying renters whose incomes have been impacted by COVID-19 pandemic.
RENTERS - HERE'S HOW IT WORKS: The COVID Emergency Rent Bridge Process in 5 EASY STEPS:
- Renters may determine their eligibility and apply for rental payment assistance via an online pre-qualification survey (online application).
- Once information is submitted, the renter will see a confirmation screen that tells them if they are likely to be eligible for assistance. This confirmation can be presented to the housing provider as evidence that application for assistance has been made.
- The renter will receive an email that will enable them to submit the documentation needed to complete their application.
- ERB staff will review the materials submitted and reach out with any questions.
- Once a renter is approved, the housing provider will need to register as a vendor in the North Dakota Office of Management and Budget (OMB) supplier registry and confirm details related to the renter’s tenancy. Payment will be sent directly to the housing provider. In most cases, payment will be made in the month it is due, unless a renter applies late in the month.
LEARN MORE details about North Dakota’s COVID Emergency Rent Bridge program by clicking on this information:
- Frequently Asked Questions document
- NEW Rent Bridge Flyer (Information for RENTERS)
- Rent Limits by county
- Program income limits (60% of median income by county)
HOUSING PROVIDERS - How to Register as a Housing Provider if your renter has applied for assistance:
- Get a copy of your renter’s Emergency Rent Bridge Confirmation ID Number.
- Create an account for yourself in the ND Office of Management and Budget's (OMB) Supplier Registry here. Be sure to enter "COVID-ERB" as the Special Program Code. (OMB will need to validate or re-validate your account information before making the payment.) Housing providers unable to register online with OMB should contact 701-328-2538 or email@example.com.
- Once you have your supplier ID, click this ERB Voucher Registration LINK.
- Follow the instructions on the screen. Be prepared to validate the rent due for each tenant who as applied for assistance.
- ERB staff will finish processing the request. Any approved payment will be made directly to the housing provider in the account specified.
- NEW - Rent Bridge Flyer for Housing Providers (Updated May 21, 2020)